Countdown to Nuptials!

Wedding Date: August 16, 2008
Time: 3:30 ceremony followed by reception ending at 10:00 pm
Location: Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary, 2770 Marin Ave. Berkeley, CA
Ceremony starts in the
chapel at the top of the hill at the end of Marin Ave. Parking is behind the chapel. Hors d'oeuvres and drinks will follow at Founders Hall next to the chapel. The reception will follow at the bottom of the hill at Sawyer Hall.
Children are invited, and we will provide baby sitters.

Other events: Rehearsal Dinner, Friday, August 15, 5:00-9:00. All are invited for pizza and beer. Bring kids because there is a playground.

Sunday brunch get-together: Details TBA

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kathy's Published a Book!


Ok, this doesn't really have to do anything with the wedding and is a shameless plug, but I am excited that a book of essays that I've been working on for a bunch of years has finally been published! It's called Socialist Modern: East German Everyday Culture and Politics. I co-edited this with my friend Paul Betts who teaches at Sussex University in England.
It was published by the University of Michigan Press.
Brendan was extremely supportive when I was finishing up this book. I think it was on one of our early dates that he went to FedEx with me to mail off the manuscript! So I owe some great thanks to Brendan for putting up with me as I put the final touches on this big project.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Oh, you *must* find a bigger picture of the cover to link to. Kind of an up-skirt shot there, I hadn't realized the socialist paradise was so sexy!

Dan said...

Oh, and forgot to say -- congratulations!

Brett Bara said...

congrats! Love that fab cover! Leave it to Dan to have beaten me to the comments on this one, with skirt commentary no less...